Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #10053:
Diameter: 6 7/8" (17.4 cm)
Weight: 2.49 lbs. (1130 grams)
Fundamental tone: D4 289 Hz.; 2nd (Sacral) chakra
Rim tone: G5 788 Hz.; 5th (Throat) chakra
Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
Circa 17th Century
- Dot-punched inscription and figurative motif depicting fish and hanging banners (with sun/moon design) completely encircling the upper outside wall. Rare, the only one I've ever seen like this in 41+ years of collecting in the Himalayas!
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again but this time a little softer.
Singing Bowl type: "Stem"
A relatively rare type of singing bowl which has a raised ring attached (usually soldered) to the outside bottom of the bowl This ring is useful as a grip when the bowl is used in sound healing applications as the bowl can easily be waved around various parts of the patient's body. Stylistically a comparison can be made to the porcelain stem cups used by Tibetan nobility, although these have a longer stem.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- 3-pc. Professional Mallet Set (handmade of Himalayan hardwood, Tibetan wool and leather).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. It has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"Very authentic Tibetan singing bowls. Good quality. Highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in buying a singing bowl."
"My bowl is a true treasure. Its vibrational energy is full and deep. Thank you!"
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed