Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #9342:
- Diameter: 7 5/8" (19.3 cm)
- Weight: 1.49 lbs. (677 grams)
- Fundamental tone: A#2 117 Hz. (Concert Pitch +1 Hz); 4th (Heart) chakra
- Rim tone: F4 344 Hz.; 4th (Heart) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 19th Century
- Type: Lotus ("Coprabati")
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again but this time a little softer.
Singing Bowl type: Lotus ("Coprabati")
A globular, medium sized, variety of singing bowl, usually with thin and high walls. Like the rare Lingam variety singing bowls, they also have an upward pointing protrusion forged into the middle of the interior basin. Sizes range from 6 to 8+ inches. Due to the thin walls many of this variety of singing bowls produce rich deep tones when struck. Due to being lighter in weight (compared to almost any other variety of singing bowl), they are easy to hold in the hand for long periods of time when doing healing work.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and leather).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"POWERFUL. Only the experience of listening to One Hand Clapping [Tibetan Bells album download] can fully convey its powerful effect upon the body. "
London, UNITED KINGDOM