Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #9351:
- Diameter: 6 7/8" (17.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.42 lbs. (647 grams)
- Fundamental tone: D#3 153 Hz. (Concert Pitch -2 Hz)
- Rim tone: A4 431 Hz.; 6th (3rd eye / Pineal gland) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 19th Century
- Type: Lotus ("Coprabati")
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again but this time a little softer.
Singing Bowl type: Lotus ("Coprabati")
A globular, medium sized, variety of singing bowl, usually with thin and high walls. Like the rare Lingam variety singing bowls, they also have an upward pointing protrusion forged into the middle of the interior basin. Sizes range from 6 to 8+ inches. Due to the thin walls many of this variety of singing bowls produce rich deep tones when struck. Due to being lighter in weight (compared to almost any other variety of singing bowl), they are easy to hold in the hand for long periods of time when doing healing work.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and leather).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This fine-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. It has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"Lotus bowls: I absolutely love these bowls! It's like the sound is coming from a perfect speaker from the cleanest record with a perfect needle to ride the groves. That sentence still doesn't do these bowls justice for how awesome they are. They're fantastic! Another great word, but what I'm trying to say is that vibration when playing these bowls, and I cannot decide whether I'm the playing bowl or if the bowl vibration is now playing me. That one. That's what I'm talking about. Totally mind blowing! Thanks Rain!"
"Outstanding quality singing bowl. Description of the bowl and sound files were extremely accurate. Purchased as part of an investigation into the Solfeggio tones. Bowl measured exactly 285 Hz as compared my NCH tone generator. Great product. Thanks."
Port Washington, WI