Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #9978:
- Diameter: 9 1/8" (23.1 cm)
- Weight: 2.35 lbs. (1066 grams)
- Fundamental tone: G#2 102 Hz. (Concert Pitch -1 Hz.)
- Rim tone: D4 303 Hz.; 2nd (Sacral) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 18th Century
- Type: High-wall ("Jambati")
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Please use your EARPHONES to fully enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl! (Especially with mobile phones, laptops, and tablets as their tiny speakers are unable to reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of singing bowls' tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again but this time a little softer.
High-wall ("Jambati") Singing Bowl:
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave. The rim tones can reach into the fifth octave.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- 3-piece Professional Mallet Set (A Himalayan hardwood wool-padded mallet, a Himalayan hardwood "Fat Boy" leather mallet, and a Professional Gong mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any USA address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"I just wanted to take a minute to let you know that the singing bowl I purchased was perfect and my son fell immediately in love with it. He played with it for hours! Even after everyone went upstairs to sleep, I could hear the sweet humming coming from the bowl downstairs. I think you could say it was the highlight of his birthday! Thanks so much for your help and I know that we will be making additional purchases in the near future."
“I LOVE THIS BOWL!! The sound is beautiful. The packaging was stellar.”
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed