New Himalayan Singing Bowl #9598:
- Diameter: 14 1/2" (36.8 cm)
- Weight: 10.44 lbs. (4745 grams)
- Fundamental tone: F2 88 Hz.(Concert Pitch); 4th (Heart) chakra
- Rim tone: B4 500 Hz. ; 7th (Crown) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 21st Century (contemporary / new)
- Type: High-wall Jhumka
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with a leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again. For critical listening please use earphones.
High-wall ("Jambati") Singing Bowl:
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave. The rim tones can reach into the fifth octave.
Singing Bowl sub-variety: "Jhumka"
An extra-thick sub-variety of classic shaped singing bowl coming out of only one small family workshop in the Himalayas and only available twice a year. These rare bowls, due to their extra thickness, tend to have extra-long sustain. Due to the extra-thick, hand-forged, bell-metal bronze they are made of, they produce higher octave notes than similar size singing bowls. Their tones range from fundamental 3rd to 4th octave, with rim tones usually in the 4th to 5th octave.
Package Also Includes:
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- 3-piece Professional Mallet Set (A handmade Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet, and a "Fat-boy" Himalayan hardwood with leather mallet, and a Professional Gong mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This legendary-quality Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of contemporary singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means that this singing bowl has passed stringent tests for harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"Thank you very much for the wonderful, massive singing bowls! I've been playing them a lot and I love them. They have beautiful harmonics and a long sustain."
New York City, NY
"There is a new presence in our home tonight. It lives within the walls of the high wall bowl that arrived recently. Striking or singing the bowl releases the presence that fills the whole room. Rain, thanks again for finding these treasures so we may share in the experience."
Don O. & Michelle W.
New Bloomfield, PA
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed