Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #10012:
- Diameter: 7 1/8" (18.1 cm)
- Weight: 2.05 lbs. (931 grams)
- Fundamental tone: F#3 188 Hz.
- Rim tone: B4 509 Hz.; 7th (Crown) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 18th Century
- Type: Bodhi
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again but this time a little softer.
Singing Bowl type: "Bodhi"
A subcategory of the Thadobati variety, Bodhi singing bowls are usually medium sized, often with extra-thick walls, and with an outwardly turned lip. The name evokes the image of the spreading branches of the Bodhi tree (Ficus religiosia) under which the historical Buddha Shakyamuni was enlightened.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and leather).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any USA address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"The Resonance is Stunning! The most beautiful rich sound sings from my bowl. The use of the mallet takes some getting used to but the effort is magical. I can definitely meditate while using this bowl. It is transformative. Love it!"
"Awesome sound! An amazing bowl with a lot of flexibility in producing different types of sounds of extremely long duration. Highly recommended!"