Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #9773:
- Diameter: 5 1/8" (13 cm)
- Weight: 0.69 lbs. (312 grams)
- Fundamental tone: G4 392 Hz. (Concert Pitch); 5th (Throat) chakra
- Rim tone: C#6 1116 Hz.
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 18th Century
- Type: Low-wall-thick-lip ("Manipuri")
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again but this time a little softer.
Singing Bowl type: "Low-wall-thick-lip Singing Bowl"
From the Manipur region in the eastern Himalayas (near Nagaland). Their walls are lower in ratio to the diameter, with a gradually sloping base. They range from under 5 inches up to 10 inches (extremely rare). Their tones are usually high to mid-range, although in the rare large sizes their struck tones can be deep. They produce tones which range from the second to the fifth octaves.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and leather).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any USA address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"Top notch organization offering superior quality Tibetan singing bowls. Professional customer service, fast response time, and quick shipping. I recommend iSingingBowls to everyone who is seeking quality singing bowls. I have purchased three from you and LOVE each and every one for different reasons! Count me as a very satisfied customer. I will be back, and bring friends with me!"
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed