Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #9979:
- Diameter: 9 3/8" (23.8 cm)
- Weight: 2.90 lbs. (1318 grams)
- Fundamental tone: A2 110 Hz.; (Concert Pitch) 6th (3rd Eye/Pineal gland) chakra
- Rim tone: D5 606 Hz.; 2nd (Sacral) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 18th Century
- Type: High-wall ("Jambati")
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Please use your EARPHONES to fully enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl! (Especially with mobile phones, laptops, and tablets as their tiny speakers are unable to reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of singing bowls' tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Professional Gong mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again.
High-wall ("Jambati") Singing Bowl:
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave. The rim tones can reach into the fifth octave.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- 3-piece Professional Mallet Set (Each handmade of Himalayan hardwood: 1 Tibetan-wool padded mallet, 1 Professional Gong mallet and 1 "Fat Boy" leather mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"The Resonance is Stunning! The most beautiful rich sound sings from my bowl. The use of the mallet takes some getting used to but the effort is magical. I can definitely meditate while using this bowl. It is transformative. Love it!"
"The excellence of this Tibetan bowl continues to amaze me. When I have played this bowl for individuals and groups I consistently have been told striking the bowl once has transported people go into an altered state of consciousness. I am very grateful for being the stewart of this amazing sacred instrument."
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed