Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #9998:
- Diameter: 6 7/8" (17.4 cm)
- Weight: 1.42 lbs. (644 grams)
- Fundamental tone: A3 216 Hz.: 6th (3rd Eye/Pineal gland) chakra
- Rim tone: D5 598 Hz.; 2nd (Sacral) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 18th Century
- Type: Dharma
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with the included leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again but this time a little softer.
Singing Bowl type: "Dharma"
A variety of medium sized Thadobati singing bowl. Typically light construction, with slightly concave aperture and a generous belly. Multiple parallel line patterns are lathed around the exterior wall. Often, a dot-line inscription will appear approximately half an inch below the rim on the exterior wall. These bowls may have been partially cast as well as forged. Usually, a set of concentric circles orbit out from a small circle in the center of the basin. The lip is usually grooved.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and leather).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet,
playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any USA address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"Simply amazing, antique singing bowl! Incredibly impressive sound quality! A++."
"Rain, Thank you more than words. The bowl, she is priceless to me. Again thanks!"
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed