New Himalayan Singing Bowl #10441:
- Diameter: 7 3/8" (18.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 lbs. (1084 grams)
- Fundamental tone: D#4 315 Hz.
- Rim tone: A5 896 Hz.; 6th (3rd Eye/Pineal gland) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 21st Century (contemporary / new)
- Type: Jhumka
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with a leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again. For critical listening please use earphones.
Singing Bowl type: "Jhumka"
An extra-thick sub-variety of classic shaped singing bowl coming out of only one small family workshop in the Himalayas and only available twice a year. These rare bowls, due to their extra thickness, tend to have extra long sustain. Available in both medium (6" to 7 7/8") and large (8" to sometimes over 12") diameter sizes. Due to the extra-thick, hand-forged, bell-metal bronze they are made of, they produce higher octave notes than similar size Thado or Jambati singing bowls. Their tones range from fundamental 3rd to 4th octave, with rim tones usually in the 5th octave.
Double-Blues are the "Stradivarius" of Tibetan singing bowls-- the best of the best! Of the five criteria for Legendary-quality, Double-Blues surpass the rest of the collection in multiple criteria. Their sublime tones form palpable matrices in the air, and linger significantly longer than most singing bowls. The implications of a longer sustain in a healing or meditation context is key, because of the increased "mileage" you get from every strike or rim tone. Also important is the characteristically deeper penetration potential of these powerful pieces. They are the rarest of the rare!
Package Also Includes:
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- 2-piece Professional Mallet Set (A handmade Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet and a Himalayan hardwood with leather mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is one of the finest contemporary singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
Fort Gratiot, MI
"The best buying experience ever - seller is an expert, 1st quality,& trustworthy."