- NEW Tibetan Singing Bowls
- New Tibetan Singing Bowl #10663 : HW 8 1/2", G3 & C#5.
New Himalayan Singing Bowl #10663:
- Diameter: 8 1/2 " (21.5 cm)
- Weight: 3.05 lbs. (1385 grams)
- Fundamental tone: G3 193 Hz.; 5th (Throat) chakra
- Rim tone: C#5 567 Hz.
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 21st Century (contemporary / new)
- Type: High-wall
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with a leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again. For critical listening please use earphones.
High-wall ("Jambati") Singing Bowl:
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave. The rim tones can reach into the fifth octave.
Package Also Includes:
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- 2-piece Professional Mallet Set (A handmade Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet, and a Himalayan hardwood with leather mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality contemporary Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of new singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means It has passed stringent tests for harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"Wonderful! I love the sound of this bowl and Rain provided personal guidance when I had questions on making my selection. The website is unique in that you can sample the sound of all the bowls... So I blew out my cheap computer speakers! :) "
"Just received the singing bowls. Awesome. Very looong notes & great resonance. Like magic sound. Wow. And thank you for the CD. Incredible sound! Great. Mystic! I'm very happy with everything in the package! thanks a lot. I think I'll buy bigger one when I have money."