New Himalayan Singing Bowl #9379:
- Diameter: 7 1/2" (19 cm)
- Weight: 1.99 lbs. (906 grams)
- Fundamental tone: G#3 207 Hz.(Concert Pitch)
- Rim tone: D5 597 Hz.; 2nd (Sacral) chakra
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 21st Century (contemporary/new)
- Type: Thadobati
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with a leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again. For critical listening please use earphones.
Singing Bowl type: "Thadobati"
One of the major categories of Tibetan and Himalayan singing bowls. Thadobatis have a classic shape and form, and range from under 4 inches up to 8 plus inches in diameter. They have a flat bottom, rounded at the bottom edges where they meet the side wall, and inward curving side walls. They come in both thick and thin wall versions, with the thicker ones producing higher octaves, and thinner ones producing deeper lower tones. They can be found in all musical notes, with tones generally ranging from the 3rd to 4th octaves. They are easily held in the hand for playing and easy to place on the body when using for healing work.
Package Also Includes:
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and Tibetan wool).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
Personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray, this Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means that this singing bowl has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects on average 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent) !
"Wonderful! I love the sound of this bowl and Rain provided personal guidance when I had questions on making my selection. The website is unique in that you can sample the sound of all the bowls... So I blew out my cheap computer speakers! :) "
"Just received the singing bowls. Awesome. Very looong notes & great resonance. Like magic sound. Wow. And thank you for the CD. Incredible sound! Great. Mystic! I'm very happy with everything in the package! thanks a lot. I think I'll buy bigger one when I have money."