Singing Bowl Set #105: Alexandre Tannous Method (10 pc.)
This is a contemporary Legendary-quality® 10-piece Singing Bowl Set custom matched on the fundamental tones as per the requirements and specifications of noted musicologist and sound researcher Alexandre Tannous. The set includes one harmonically-balanced singing bowl each in 3rd octave fundamental tones, with an additional 4th octave tonic fundamental C and two 2nd octave fundamental Bass support singing bowls. Note that two of the singing bowls have Concert Pitch fundamentals.
This set includes one each of the following hand-forged bell-metal bronze singing bowls:
* G2 97 Hz. (Concert Pitch), High-wall 12" diameter, contemporary
* B2 122 Hz. (Concert Pitch -1) , High-wall 9 7/8" diameter, contemporary
* C3 128 Hz. High-wall 9 1/2" diameter, contemporary
* D3 143 Hz. High-wall 9" diameter, contemporary
* E3 161 Hz. High-wall 9 1/4" diameter, contemporary
* F3 170 Hz. Thado 8 7/8" diameter, contemporary
* G3 193 Hz. (Concert Pitch -2) Thado 7 3/4" diameter, contemporary
* A3 220 Hz. (Concert Pitch) Jhumka 8" diameter, contemporary
* B3 242 Hz. Thado 6 7/8" diameter, contemporary
* C4 558 Hz. High-wall 8 5/8" diameter, contemporary
The rim tones of the singing bowls are: D4 299 Hz, F#4 368 Hz, F#4 474 Hz, G#4 417 Hz, A#4 468 Hz, B4 495 Hz, C#5 550 Hz, D#5 637 Hz, F5 694 Hz and F#5 742 Hz.
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl set! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of the 10 singing bowls struck on their upper outside edges with the included Professional gong mallet. Then you'll hear them played around their upper outside edges with the included Leather mallet. And last you'll hear them played around their upper outside edges with the wood side of the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity (Printed on parchment paper, hand-signed by Rain Gray-- musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert).
- 4-piece Professional Mallet Set (Handmade of Himalayan hardwood and including 1 Tibetan-wool padded mallet, 1 Leather mallet, 1 "Fat-boy" leather mallet and 1 Professional Gong mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (Historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Digital photo, Mp3 digital recording, and a Set Chart listing the tones and other information for each singing bowl (These will be emailed to you after your purchase).
Tibetan silk-brocade singing bowl cushions are optionally available at a nominal extra charge. Available in Tibetan red, Royal blue, and/or Plum. Please email us if you would like to purchase cushions in appropriate sizes for your set.
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl set which you see and hear on this page.
These fine-quality contemporary Singing Bowls were personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. They are among the finest caliber of contemporary singing bowls available in the world. They have passed stringent tests for harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
This set has been personally matched by Rain Gray, renowned for his fine ear and ability to match tuned sets for usage by healing professionals, musicians, composers, and meditators who demand the absolute finest quality available.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that there is a 14 day Return Policy and a 10% restocking fee on this set if returned. There is a 5% cancellation fee on set orders if cancelled before shipped. By clicking on the "Confirm Your Order" button, you agree to the Term and Conditions of this sale.