Tibetan Singing Bowl Set #83: Pentatonic Fundamental (5 pc.)
This is a contemporary Legendary-quality®, 5-piece Tibetan Singing Bowl Set matched on the fundamentals (lowest struck tones). Consisting of five singing bowls, in a tuned sequence of harmonically-balanced tones in the 3rd octave and based upon 444 Hertz tuning (sometimes called "The Key of David"). Note that four of the fundamentals are within 1 Hertz of Concert Pitch.
This set includes one each of the following hand-forged bell-metal bronze singing bowls:
* C3 132 Hz. (Concert Pitch) (Root chakra), High-wall ("Jambati") 10" diameter, contemporary
* D3 149 Hz. (Concert Pitch +1 Hz) (Sacral chakra), High-wall ("Jambati") 8 7/8" diameter, contemporary
* E3 166 Hz. (Concert Pitch) (Solar Plexus chakra), High-wall ("Jambati") 8 1/4" diameter, contemporary
* G3 198 Hz. (Concert Pitch +0.23 Hz) (Throat chakra), Thado 7 3/8" diameter, contemporary
* A3 218 Hz. (Concert Pitch -4 Hz) (3rd Eye / Pineal chakra), Thado 7" diameter, contemporary
The rim tones of the singing bowls are: G4 390 Hz. (Throat chakra), G#4 426 Hz., B4 489 Hz. (Crown chakra), D5 586 Hz. (Sacral chakra), and D#5 634 Hz.
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl set! (Especially with laptops, tablets, and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of the 5 singing bowls struck on their upper outside edges with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. Then you'll hear them played around their upper outside edges with the wood side of the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity (Printed on parchment paper, hand-signed by Rain Gray-- musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert).
- 4-piece Professional Mallet Set (Handmade of Himalayan hardwood and including 1 Tibetan-wool padded mallet, 1 Leather mallet, 1 "Fat-boy" Mallet and 1 Professional Gong mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (Historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Digital photo, Mp3 digital recording, and a Set Chart listing the tones and other information for each singing bowl (These will be emailed to you after your purchase).
Tibetan silk-brocade singing bowl cushions are optionally available at a nominal extra charge. Available in Tibetan red, Royal blue, and/or Plum. Please email us if you would like to purchase cushions in appropriate sizes for your set.
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl set which you see and hear on this page.
These fine-quality contemporary Singing Bowls were personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. They are among the finest caliber of contemporary singing bowls available in the world. They have passed stringent tests for harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
This set has been personally matched by Rain Gray, renowned for his fine ear and ability to match tuned sets for usage by healing professionals, musicians, composers, and meditators who demand the absolute finest quality available.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that there is a 14 day Return Policy and a 25% restocking fee on this set if returned. There is a 15% cancellation fee on set orders if cancelled before shipped. By clicking on the "Confirm Your Order" button, you agree to the Term and Conditions of this sale.
Feedback from another one of our Set customers:
"Impressive! This set of singing bowls is such a joy to experience. Being new to singing bowls, I considered getting a single bowl to start out. However, I took the plunge and grabbed a set while available. I am so glad I did! I play them almost every morning to start my day ( getting balanced and tuned, etc). Still very new to all the possibilities connected to using the bowls but I am learning. I do seem to feel more grounded (primary purpose) but also I feel that I am getting things done more easily and with less effort. No earth shattering records being made; just feeling more confident, hopeful, more stamina, and easier making simple decisions. Good beginning, right? Thank you again for making all of this available to those of us who might never know of such treasures. Love and joy,"