Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl #10539:
- Diameter: 7 1/8" (18.1 cm)
- Weight: 1.95 lbs. (887 grams)
- Fundamental tone: G3 196 Hz. (Concert Pitch); 5th (Throat) chakra
- Rim tone: C#5 556 Hz. (Concert Pitch +2 Hz.)
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 19th Century
- Type: Thadobati
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with a leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again. For critical listening please use earphones.
Singing Bowl type: "Thadobati"
One of the major categories of Tibetan and Himalayan singing bowls. Thadobatis have a classic shape and form, and range from under 4 inches up to 8 plus inches in diameter. They have a flat bottom, rounded at the bottom edges where they meet the side wall, and inward curving side walls. They come in both thick and thin wall versions, with the thicker ones producing higher octaves, and thinner ones producing deeper lower tones. They can be found in all musical notes, with tones generally ranging from the 3rd to 4th octaves. They are easily held in the hand for playing and easy to place on the body when using for healing work.
Package Also Includes:
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and Tibetan wool).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Rain Gray, Tibetan musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert.
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This Legendary-quality authentic antique Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It is among the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Legendary-quality means it has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"I am extremely pleased with my recent purchase from iSingingBowls.com. After listening to audio clips of over 1000 (seriously - I am VERY particular) singing bowls, from numerous sellers, I found what I consider to be the bowl I was looking for. Excellent craftsmanship, excellent tone, excellent sustain all for an excellent price. The ordering process was exceptionally easy, the bowl I wanted was actually available (unlike other websites), and the delivery time was faster than fast. This guy knows how to run a business.
Bowls sold by iSingingBowls.com are the best of the best. The owner appears to be very particular on which bowls he selects and sells. Don’t waste your time considering others cheaper, poorly/mass produced, “out-of-tune” bowls and go with the best - iSingingBowls.com.
All in all, I am a very satisfied customer. Definitely 5 - Stars. Keep up the great work."
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
Mex$ 12,622.06Mex$ 10,097.76