New Himalayan Singing Bowl #10444:
- Diameter: 7 1/4" (18.4 cm)
- Weight: 2.32 lbs. (1053 grams)
- Fundamental tone: C4 261 Hz.; 1st (Root) chakra
- Rim tone: F#5 732 Hz.
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Circa 21st Century (contemporary/new)
- Type: Jhumka
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl ! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of this singing bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. This blends into the second sound which is the same singing bowl played around the outside rim with a leather mallet, then around the rim with the wood side of the mallet, and last the struck tone again. For critical listening please use earphones.
Singing Bowl type: "Jhumka"
An extra-thick sub-variety of classic shaped singing bowl coming out of only one small family workshop in the Himalayas and only available twice a year. These rare bowls, due to their extra thickness, tend to have extra long sustain. Available in both medium (6" to 7 7/8") and large (8" to sometimes over 12") diameter sizes. Due to the extra-thick, hand-forged, bell-metal bronze they are made of, they produce higher octave notes than similar size Thado or Jambati singing bowls. Their tones range from fundamental 3rd to 4th octave, with rim tones usually in the 5th octave.
Package Also Includes:
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color and style may vary).
- Professional Mallet (handmade of Himalayan hardwood and Tibetan wool).
- Tips and Information Brochure (which includes: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Fast & FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to any US address (2 - 4 day delivery, insured and trackable via the internet).
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl which you see and hear on this page.
This student-quality contemporary Singing Bowl was personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. It has passed stringent tests for smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
"I just wanted to let you know how much I love the singing bowl I purchased from you. The sound is truly beautiful and will be a valuable addition to meditation. I sounds far better than another bowl I purchased recently. From now on, when I consider buying another bowl I will deal only with you! Thank you again."
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
"I got my bowl in only 3 days!! I was super excited took it out and played it right away. It has such a wonderful sound!! I took it to my reiki master and she also loved the sound and commented on how it felt so spiritually positive!! Thank you so much!"