Antique Singing Bowl Set #86b: (7 pc.)
This is an authentic Antique Legendary-quality® 7-piece Tibetan Singing Bowl Set. The set includes one harmonically-balanced singing bowl each in 3rd octave fundamental tones for the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye and Crown chakras. Note that one of the fundamental tones is Concert Pitch. Four of the singing bowls are Thadobatis, two are LWTL (Low-wall-thick-lip, also known as "Manipuri" from the region of the Himilayas where they come from near Nagaland) and one is a LW (Low-wall, also from Nagaland) Three of the singing bowls are circa 18th Century, two circa 17th and one circa 16th Century.
This set includes one each of the following antique hand-forged bell-metal bronze singing bowls:
* C3 127 Hz, (Root), Thado 7 3/8" diameter, Circa 19th century
* D3 148 Hz, (Sacral), LWTL 8 1/8" diameter, Circa 17th century
* E3 168 Hz, (Solar Plexus), LW 6 1/4" diameter, Circa 16th century
* F3 178 Hz, (Heart), Thado 6 1/2" diameter, Circa 18th century
* G3 196 Hz, (Concert Pitch) (Throat), Thado 7 1/2" diameter, Circa 18th century
* A3 215 Hz, (3rd Eye / Pineal), LWTL 8" diameter, Circa 17th century
* B3 251 Hz, (Crown), Thado 6 3/8" diameter, Circa 18th century
The rim tones of the singing bowls are: E5 649 Hz (Solar Plexus), A4 430 Hz (3rd Eye / Pineal), B4 487 Hz (Crown), C5 509 Hz (Root), C#5 560 Hz, D#5 632 Hz and F5 695 (Heart).
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl set! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of the 7 singing bowls struck on their upper outside edges with the included Professional gong mallet. Then you'll hear them played around their upper outside edges with the included Leather mallet. And last you'll hear them played around their upper outside edges with the wood side of the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity (Printed on parchment paper, hand-signed by Rain Gray-- musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert).
- 4-piece Professional Mallet Set (Handmade of Himalayan hardwood and including 1 Tibetan-wool padded mallet, 1 leather mallet, 1 "Fat-boy" Leather mallet, and 1 Professional Gong mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (Historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Digital photo, Mp3 digital recording, and a Set Chart listing the tones and other information for each singing bowl (These will be emailed to you after your purchase).
Tibetan silk-brocade singing bowl cushions are optionally available at a nominal extra charge. Available in Tibetan red, Royal blue, and/or Plum. Please email us if you would like to purchase cushions in appropriate sizes for your set.
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl set which you see and hear on this page.
These fine-quality antique Singing Bowls were personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. They are among the finest caliber of antique singing bowls available in the world. They have passed stringent tests for age, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
This set has been personally matched by Rain Gray, renowned for his fine ear and ability to match tuned sets for usage by healing professionals, musicians, composers, and meditators who demand the absolute finest quality available.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that there is a 14 day Return Policy and a 25% restocking fee on this set if returned. There is a 15% cancellation fee on set orders if cancelled before shipped. By clicking on the "Confirm Your Order" button, you agree to the Term and Conditions of this sale.