Master-Healing Singing Bowl Set #49: Lotus (7 pc.)
This is an authentic antique Legendary-quality®, 7-piece Chakra-tuned Tibetan Singing Bowl Set of Lotus ("Coprabati") type bowls. The set includes three harmonically-balanced singing bowls in 2nd octave fundamental tones for the Throat, Third Eye, and Crown chakras, and four in 3rd octave fundamental tones for the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus and Heart chakras. Note that four of the singing bowls are Concert Pitch and one is Concert Pitch minus 1 Hertz..
This antique singing bowl set includes one each of the following hand-forged bell-metal bronze singing bowls:
* G2 99 Hz. (Throat) (Concert pitch - 1 Hz.), Lotus 7 1/4" diameter, circa 19th century
* A2 110 Hz. (3rd Eye / Pineal) (Concert pitch), Lotus 7 1/2" diameter, circa 19th century
* B2 125 Hz. (Crown), Lotus 7 3/4" diameter, circa 19th century
* C3 130 Hz. (Root) (Concert pitch), Lotus 7 5/8" diameter, circa 18th century
* D3 146 Hz. (Sacral) (Concert pitch), Lotus 7 5/8" diameter, circa 19th century
* E3 166 Hz. (Solar Plexus), Lotus 7 1/8" diameter, circa 18th century
* F3 174 Hz. (Heart) (Concert pitch), Lotus 6 5/8" diameter, circa 19th century
The rim tones of the singing bowls are: C#5 555 Hz, D#5 610 Hz., F5 703 Hz. (Heart chakra), F#4 373 Hz., G#4 426 Hz., A#4 477 Hz and A#5 939 Hz.
This Lotus Set is the exception to the rule. Meaning, 2nd octave sound only occurs in much larger singing bowls, but due to the thinner walls of the Lotus ("Coprabati") type singing bowls they are the exception. It's very hard to find really great Lotus bowls like these. Again, this is due to the fact that they have thinner walls and therefore they wear out much faster than other thicker walled antique singing bowls. I was very fortunate this year here in the Himalayas to find these seven Lotus bowls in order to match them into this set.
About the Sound Sample:
IMPORTANT-- Use your EARPHONES to enjoy & experience the true sound of this singing bowl set! (Especially with laptops, tablets, mobile and cellphones as their speakers cannot accurately reproduce the richness and wide dynamic range of a singing bowl's tones.)
First you'll hear the sound of the 7 antique singing bowls struck on their upper outside edges with the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet. Then you'll hear them played around their upper outside edges with the included Leather mallet. And last you'll hear them played around their upper outside edges with the wood side of the included Tibetan-wool padded mallet.
Package Also Includes:
- Certificate of Authenticity (Printed on parchment paper, hand-signed by Rain Gray-- musicologist and Indo-Tibetan art & antique expert).
- 4-piece Professional Mallet Set (Handmade of Himalayan hardwood and including 1 Tibetan-wool padded mallet, 1 Leather mallet, 1 "Fat-boy leather mallet and 1 Professional Gong mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure (Historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced playing techniques).
- Digital photo, Mp3 digital recording, and a Set Chart listing the tones and other information for each singing bowl (These will be emailed to you after your purchase).
Tibetan silk-brocade singing bowl cushions are optionally available at a nominal extra charge. Available in Tibetan red, Royal blue, and/or Plum. Please email us if you would like to purchase cushions in appropriate sizes for your set.
You will receive the EXACT singing bowl set which you see and hear on this page.
These fine-quality antique Singing Bowls were personally hand-selected in the Himalayas by Tibetan musicologist Rain Gray. They are among the finest caliber of antique singing bowls available in the world. They have passed stringent tests for age, harmonic balance, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain. From over 50,000 singing bowls personally tested in the Himalayas each year, Rain only selects 1 out of 200 (equal to only one half a percent)!
This set has been personally matched by Rain Gray, renowned for his fine ear and ability to match tuned sets for usage by healing professionals, musicians, composers, and meditators who demand the absolute finest quality available.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that there is a 14 day Return Policy and a 25% restocking fee on this set if returned. There is a 15% cancellation fee on set orders if cancelled before shipped. By clicking on the "Confirm Your Order" button, you agree to the Term and Conditions of this sale.